The East African Agricultural and Forestry Journal (E. Afr. agric. For. J.) was establishment in April 1908 with the main objective of providing a communication channel for the colonial farmers in Eastern Africa. The Journal was then known as the Agricultural Journal of British East Africa. In July 1914 when the First World War broke out, the production of the Journal was discontinued until 1935/36 when it was re-launched and re-named as the East African Agricultural Journal. Later, in 1960 the Journal’s title was changed to the East African Agricultural and Forestry Journal so as to broaden the subject scope of research reported in it. Following the birth of the East African Agricultural and Forestry Research Organisation (EAAFRO) in 1946, the Journal was handed over to the organisation. In the following years, the Journal developed its reputation and was generating most of its finances from subscriptions. It was able to sustain itself with minimal donor support. In 1960 the Journal’s title was changed again to East African Agricultural and Forestry Journal so as to broaden its scope. Later in 1977, following the collapse of the East African Community and the EAAFRO, the responsibilities for the Journal were handed over to the Kenyan Government and its facilities remained at Kenya Agricultural Research Institute (KARI) as a shared resource belonging to KARI, Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) and Kenya Trypanosomiasis Research Institute (KETRI)
Invitation of Papers
We are inviting submission for papers to appear in our next volume
Copyright © 2010 East Africa Agricultural and Forestry Journal. All rights reserved.